Tea used: Earl Grey Teabags
2 tablespoons finely ground Ahmad Tea Earl Grey tea leaves (loose leaf or from about 4-8 teabags)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 (8 ounces total) sticks unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- Whisk flour, tea, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Put butter, sugar, and zest in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low; slowly mix in flour & salt mixture until just combined.
- Divide dough in half. Transfer each half to a piece of parchment paper; shape into logs. Roll in parchment to 1 1/4 inches in diameter, pressing a ruler along edge of parchment at each turn to narrow log and force out air. Transfer in parchment to paper-towel tubes; freeze 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut logs into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Space 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until edges turn golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks.